Dhaka Power Distribution Company Limited (DPDC) is one of the largest power distribution companies in Bangladesh. Dhaka Power Distribution Company Limited (DPDC) had been incorporated on 25th October, 2005 under the Companies Act 1994 with an authorized share capital of Tk. 10,000 (ten thousand) crore divided into 100 (one hundred) crore ordinary share of Tk. 100 each.
The company was granted permission to commence business from 25th October, 2005 and started its function from 14th May 2007. Company started its commercial operation on 1st July of 2008 by taking over all assets and liabilities from the then DESA . While the company started its operation the number of customers were 6,55,908, now we have around 10,00,000.
The Board of Directors is the ultimate authority for the overall management of the company within the framework of the prevailing law. The Board comprises 12 (twelve) directors nominated by the Government. Under the guidance of the Board of Directors, DPDC’s strategic functions are run by a management team headed by the Managing Director and 5 (five) executive directors, i.e. Executive Director (Tech.), Operation, Executive Director (Tech.), Engineering, Executive Director (Tech./ICT), ICT & Procurement, Executive Director (Finance) and Executive Director (Admin. & HR).
CORPORATE MOTTO: Dependable Power - Delighted Customer.
- Quality power supply to all customers'.
- Quickest response to customers' need.
- Initiatives to match the changing needs of the customers.
- Digitalization of Distribution System.
- For the customers: Rendering reliable and uninterrupted power supply with customers care.
- For the owner and shareholders: Financial sustainability of the Company.
- For the society: Strengthening the social values and undertake corporate social responsibility.
- For the nation: Taking all out effort to achieve national growth and economic prosperity.