Electricity plays a vital role in developing economy of a country in many ways. Dhaka Power Distribution Company Limited (DPDC) is the largest power distribution company in Bangladesh. As a part of the Power Sector Development and Reform program of the Government of Bangladesh (GOB) Dhaka Power Distribution Company Limited (DPDC) had been incorporated on 25th October, 2005 under the Company Act 1994 with an authorized share capital of Tk. 10,000 (ten thousand) crore divided into 100 (One Hundred) crore ordinary share of Tk. 100 each.
The company was granted permission to commence business from 25th October, 2005 by the certificate of commencement of business. DPDC started functioning from 14th May 2007 and later on 1st July 2008 taken over the distribution management system from the then DESA along with all the assets and liabilities of DESA through transfer agreement date 11.09.2008 (By ordinance # 40 of 2008 which was promulgated into law by act # 22 of 2009).The company is managed by a management team consisting of the Managing Director, the Executive Director (Operation), the Executive Director (Finance) and the Executive Director (Engineering). The company was created to provide electricity to the consumers of Dhaka city corporation area (excluding DESCO area) and also includes Narayangonj town, Siddirgonj, Fatullah and Mokterpur under Narayangonj district.
The company is managed by a management team. The Managing Director is the chief executive officer of the company.
For an overview of DPDC, please Click Here.
CORPORATE MOTTO: Dependable Power - Delighted Customer.
- Quickest response to consumers' need.
- Our initiatives are designed to match the changing needs of the consumers.
- Digitalization of Distribution and Customer Support System.
- Quality power supply to all consumers.
- For the Customer: Rendering quality services by being innovative in the development of our service quality.
- For the Owner and Shareholders: Maximizing wealth of the Company.
- For the society: Strengthening the social values by ensuring better services towards consumers and undertaking corporate social responsibility.
- For the Nation: Taking all out effort to achieve national growth and prosperity